We are a citizen collective composed of bicycle lovers who promote the use of these vehicles as a means of transportation and recreation in the city of Medellin. Since 2010, we have organized the SiCLeada, a bike ride through different neighborhoods and districts of the city, as a recreational, open, diverse and free event. We believe that riding a bike offers benefits in health, economy, and environmental protection, as well as shortening distances, uniting communities and human beings, and increasing their awareness of their territory and the need to recover the city in terms of public space and mobility.
In 2013, we established Corporación Colectivo SiCLas, a non-profit organization (NPO) with legal status and duly registered in the Chamber of Commerce of Medellin and the National Tax and Customs Department, whose purpose is to promote sustainable mobility, producing projects, and training, and formulating and researching issues related to bicycles.
To encourage the improvement of the quality of life in our society by promoting sustainable mobility and respect for public space, by means of a participatory, analytical, critical, proactive and humane exercise, through activities focused on culture, education and marketing of bike-related products and services.
To be recognized as an organization that promotes sustainable mobility by implementing the use of bicycles as a means of transportation.
- Good vibes or good energy
- Hard work
- Creative leisure
- Study and Research
- To generate consultancy, advice, design and implementation of projects promoting cycling and sustainable mobility at the local, regional, national and international levels.
- To develop educational, cultural, scientific, recreational and sports activities for bicycle mobility in order to create conditions to encourage the use of bicycles as a means of transportation and recreation.
- To develop bike maintenance and servicing activities.
- To elaborate and commercialize strategic products and services for cycling.
- To promote the integration of pro-bike organizations at the local, regional and international levels with the aim of facilitating the exchange of knowledge.
- To develop activities related to urban tourism as a tour organizer, travel agency, and provider of specialized guidance in urban, heritage, cultural and social tourism.
It consists of five people who have been involved since the beginning of the SiCLeada and who are part of all the working commissions. They make logistic and strategic decisions in everything related to SiCLas.
It is in charge of defining routes. Its members design the route and set up everything that is necessary for the good performance of the SiCLeada. They block traffic and have mechanical, first aid and road safety training.
This commission is in the process of being formed and encourages education and road safety in the SiCLeada. It works with communications and logistics according to their needs. It also collects information and makes research and academic proposals.
It is in charge of designing posters and publishing the route for each SiCLeada. It designs graphic pieces and determines communication strategies according to the needs of the other commissions.
Promoting the bicycle is a unique and enriching experience, and in SiCLas we are convinced that everyone has something to contribute. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us how do you think you can help.